• Welcome to Linuxtracker Forums.

[New Torrent] exton-os-light-64bit-usb-persistent-755mb.150202

Started by Zlaxhe, February 06, 2015, 04:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zlaxhe

Exton|OS 64 bit LINUX LIVE DVD/CD :: build 141117 and 150202 based on Ubuntu 14.10 respectively Ubuntu 15.04

NEWS 150202 ABOUT Exton|OS Light Live CD - ISO file of 755 MB
I've made a new extra version of Exton|OS based on upcoming Ubuntu 15.04( alias Vivid Vervet) 64 bit with only a minimum of packages pre-installed. Among them a terminal emulator (LXTerminal), a Web Browser (Chromium), PCManFM (file manager), NetworkManager, GParted (Partition Editor) and Synaptic (Package Manager). I give you the pleasure of installing all extra packages YOU need after a hard disk installation of Exton|OS Light. Use Synaptic for that. You can of course also install new packages while running the system live (from CD/USB stick), but nothing will be saved after a reboot. Unless you have followed my USB Install Instruction and used Boot alternative 2 - Persistent. If you have plenty of RAM you can even install big programs (such as LibreOffice) while running the system live even from CD. Exton|OS Light uses my special kernel 3.18.0-10-exton, equivalent to Kernel.org’s stable kernel 3.18.3, released 150116.

Exton|OS Light's Window manager Openbox guarantees lightness and elegance.

NEWS ABOUT Exton|OS build 141117
Exton|OS build 141117 is based on Ubuntu 14.10 64 bit (released October 23, 2014) and Debian "Jessie". Build 141117 uses Mate 1.8.1 as Desktop environment and kernel 3.16.0-21-exton. (Kernel.org‘s stable kernel 3.16.4).

ABOUT Exton|OS build 141117 and 150202
1. Exton|OS and Exton|OS Light are based on Ubuntu 14.10 respectively Ubuntu 15.04 and Debian "Jessie".
2. Exton|OS's ISO file a ISO-hybrid, which means that it can very easily be transferred (copied) to an USB pen drive. You can then even run Exton|OS from the USB stick and save all your system changes on the stick. I.e. you will enjoy persistence! I've found two scripts which make the installation to USB very simple. The scripts are quite ingenious. My tests show that they work flawlessly on USB installations of all normal Ubuntu systems.
3. Another great thing is that Exton|OS can run from RAM. Use Boot alternative 3 (Copy to RAM). When the system has booted up you can remove the disc (DVD) or USB stick. You'll need at least 2 GB RAM to run Exton|OS that way. Maybe it is enough with RAM of 1 GB to run Exton|OS Light.
4. Ubuntu’s installation program Ubiquity has been replaced with Exton|OS Installer, which is a clone of Debian Live Installer. The installation to hard drive is now so simple that a 10 year old child can do it. Watch a SLIDESHOW of the hard drive installation process: http://www.exton.net/exton-os/exton-os-installer-slideshow.html.

MORE ABOUT Exton|OS
The Desktop Environment is Mate 1.8.1 ("A fork of GNOME 2. It provides an intuitive and attractive desktop environment using traditional metaphors for Linux and other Unix-like operating systems") respectively OpenBox 3.5.2. Program content in build 141117: Firefox, Gimp, Vlc and GParted. Also all necessary additions in order to install programs from source. All packages have been updated to the latest available version as at November 17 respectively February 2, 2015. Study the full PACKAGE lists: http://www.exton.net/exton-os/exton-os-installed-packages-141117.txt and http://www.exton.net/exton-os/exton-os-light-installed-packages-150202.txt

LOCALE
The system language is English in both versions.

When you start up your computer from the dvd you will end up in X at LightDM's login screen. Log in as root (superuser) with password root. (During a hard drive install you can create your own ordinary user). In Exton|OS Light (build 150202) you will end up in Openbox as the normal user live. You can also log in as root if you want (or need to do so). The password for root is root. There is no password for the user live.

NETWORK connections
Use NetworkManager respectively Wicd to configure your network connection. You may have to change the Network Interfaces eth0 and wlan0 to eth1 respectively wlan1 or...

READ more: http://www.exton.net

150202   /exton