• Welcome to Linuxtracker Forums.

[New Torrent] Linux Mint 17 Mate x64 ( linuxmint.pro edition) 1xDVD

Started by Shvonder, December 26, 2014, 02:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shvonder

Specially for beginners made a distribution based on Linux Mint 17.1 Mate x64.
Originally made for myself, but then decided that this distribution is also needed.
Some programs installed by default were replaced with analogues, in my opinion, is more suitable for everyday use.

Optimized the speed of the system, and also, for your convenience, installed the applet processor load, with a choice of CPU load. There are preset settings "Performance" and "Save Energy".
Installed software for running Windows applications. For example you can easily run the game "World Of Tanks". For this you will need to run CrossOver utility and click on the "Install software". Select from the list of World of Tanks and follow the instructions.
Steam platform also installed.

Equipped with sufficient number of the required software. It also has a variety of packages and options for comfortable work with the operating system (all changes I made based on my own experience).

The installation runs identically to the original, nothing changed.
After installation, update by the standard system tools, then be sure to set your display driver. Then reboot the system.

Highly recommend to look at the distr in action first on the virtual machine.

On my laptop and home computer everything works perfectly.

Removed:
firefox
firefox
transmission
banshee
libreoffice
totem
Installed:
AddAlias - utility reduction commands, I for example put instead of "sudo apt-get update" - just "update" the same with "install"
Apt-Fast is a utility acceleration software installation... enter the command sudo apt-fast install and check. speed is especially noticeable when installing large programs
pepflash - by default, it is in Google chrome, but if you remove chrome and put another browser, flash should work in it.
gimp-gutenprint - plugin for Ghimpu, such as enhances print
ttf-mscorefonts-installer fonts from microsoft, can anyone likes these fonts, in any case not hurt.
wps office is a great office Suite, word, Excel and presentation
bleachbit - remover garbage, useful thing, do not delete what is not sure) however, intuitively, everything is clear
VLC - Video player together with the installed plugin to remember the last time stop watching.
Variety - desktop Wallpaper changer, really cool thing. many settings, by default, set to turn the standard backgrounds and the widget on the desktop.
Remmina - control remote desktops, plus all plugins to him...
Clementine - modern music player and library manager
Popcorn Time - the most convenient program for watching movies via torrents
Deluge - torrent downloader
Uget - download manager
Shutter - make and edit srcreenshots
XnConvert - converting images
Youtube downloader
Preload - acceleration startup programs
Conky Manager - a GUI that allows you to easily manage Conky configurations
Cobibird theme
Awoken icons
Y PPA manager - program to resolve problems with updates
I-Nex - collect and view detailed information about the major components of the system
Vokoscreen - program for video recording desktop
Boot repair - this is a handy app with a GUI for recovery after various actions that can kill the Grub boot loader
OS Uninstaller-powered mode only Live CD, removes any OS from your PC
Indicator cpufreq - utility to manage the processor speed
Caffeine Plus - the tool that was used to temporarily prevent the activation of the screensaver, screen lock, and sleep mode when using fullscreen Windows
Netext73 - system optimizer
Google Chrome - internet browser
CrossOver - program that allows you to run many applications written for Microsoft Windows under Linux
Great Little Radio Player
Master PDF editor
Ocenaudio - edit audio files
Teamviewer 10 - remote desktop control
Viber - voip client
VirtualBox - virtual machines
lib32nss-mdns
libgoo-canvas-perl
gtk2-engines-murrine:i386
libavcodec-extra
libavformat-extra
If you want to set Compiz effects