• Welcome to Linuxtracker Forums.

[New Torrent] Pardus 2011.1 Dama Dama KDE_x64_x86__INSTALLATION_DVD.isoo

Started by theburrus1, August 23, 2011, 07:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theburrus1

THIS DVD IS ONLY FOR HARD DRIVE INSTALL ONLY, FOR A LIVE DVD THERE IS A WHOLE SEPERATE LIVE DVD TO DOWNLOAD!

I might suggest you can install this on a Virtual PC rather easily if you want to test it out. It's a solid distro in my opinion. Please help me seed this so they don't kick me out of the LinuxTracker.org community-I'm trying to return the favor for all the ones I've downloaaded but not seeded!!!

You can find the home page, Installation instructions and support at here:
http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/news/pardus-20111-dama-dama-is-out/

Release info from the website:

Pardus 2011.1 Dama Dama is out!

12 July, Tuesday
Pardus 2011.1 Dama Dama is now available

The images include support for all officially supported languages and exceeds the size of a CD so you have to either use a blank DVD media or a USB flash disk in order to burn and install Pardus 2011.1 on your system.

We strongly recommend you to verify the integrity of the installation image with md5sum or sha1sum, to use good quality blank media, to burn the images in DAO (Disc-At-Once) mode with a maximum of 4X burning speed for a painless installation experience.

Here are the basic components and their versions shipped within Pardus 2011.1 Dama Dama release:

KDE Desktop Environment 4.6.5
Linux Kernel 2.6.37.6
LibreOffice 3.4.1.3
Mozilla Firefox Web Browser 5.0
Xorg 1.9.5
Gimp 2.6.11
Python 2.7.1
GCC 4.5.3
Glibc 2.12

In addition to those updates,

Numerous bugs have been fixed,
64bit Skype and Wine package are now in 2011 stable repository,
YALI has the System Rescue mode now,
Work on 2009-2011 distribution upgrade interface is about to finish, after the testing is complete, upgrade-manager package will be provided in 2009 repositories to ease the transition,
QuickFormat application can be tested now to format USB removable diskseasily,
For those who do not want use LVM in automatic partitioning, can now use yali=nolvm kernel parameter.
We'll be pleased to hear about bug reports and enhancement requests
through our bug tracking system.