• Welcome to Linuxtracker Forums.

[New Torrent] pclinuxos64-trinity-minime-2015.04

Started by DeBaas, April 12, 2015, 07:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeBaas

From reelcat the FINAL 64bit trinity-minime-2015.04 version.
http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php/topic,131668.msg1117103.html#msg1117103

Final versions of Trinity MiniMe

I finished the final versions of Trinity MiniMe - both 32- and 64-bit. The files:
   pclinuxos-trinity-minime-2015.04.iso
   pclinuxos-trinity-minime-2015.04.iso.md5
   pclinuxos64-trinity-minime-2015.04.iso
   pclinuxos64-trinity-minime-2015.04.iso.md5
have just been uploaded to the Trinity@MyPCLinuxOS server:  http://trinity.mypclinuxos.com/isos/

Comparing with RC, only few changes:
- removed some KDE4 leftovers;
- full upgrade with the most recent packages;
- replacing kde-redo-mbr with lxde-redo-mbr (present_arms experience);
- on the desktop, an icon "Install PCLinuxOS" added in both versions;
- NumLock is off by default (better for laptops)

Remarks:
- when running live from USB, on Intel graphics cards the boot menu created by unetbootin appears in text mode;
- when running live on Intel graphics cards, the default resolution is 1024x768 and has to be changed in PCC after installation;
- at the end of installation from USB, when the boot menu is proposed, the USB stick is detected as "windows" ;D. Unless you wish to have an option of running USB live in the GRUB boot menu, you can safely remove this item from the boot list.

Both versions were tested as much as I could: ran live on four computers and installed on HDD. After installing each of them on HDD, in both versions I added the software I normally use (i.a. LO, FF, TB, Gimp, Inkscape, KeePassX, Audacity, Avidemux, VLC, QMPlay2, Radiotray and Trinity equivalents of KDE4 apps).
I also configured both versions to the "everyday work" status - just ready to replace fully my default system. Everything is going smooth and I sometimes consider to jump to Trinity as my default DE.
On Saturday, I even tested plugging an external display (OHP) into the 64-bit version. OHP was detected and easily configured with TDERandTray, so I could gave a lecture with a lengthy Impress presentation. :)

In terms of customization, the difference between the final releases and the previous ones lies in disabling NumLock by default (btw. this is also the default option of PCLinuxOS and Trinity). The most customization is done to the guest live account, which is deliberately made more attractive, but it is removed at install. You installed MiniMe, so you know that the new user's accounts are rather crude and very close to the system defaults. Nothing changed there in the final versions.

In terms of software - nothing changed. The Mini release remains Mini, i.e. only basic DE and almost nothing more. The differences in size stem from the upgrades, which make the whole system swell slowly with time :( The numerous applications I described were added to the MiniMe already installed on HDD as a kind of "dress rehearsal" to make sure that TDE can fully replace KDE in my daily work without sudden hiccups.