Started by powderfinger, April 14, 2014, 09:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

powderfinger

Andy's Ham Radio Linux
=====================================
RELEASENOTES version 15.1
MD5:  b17bb993b03e3af1c94cd93199520407
=====================================

Andy's Ham Radio Linux has been updated, with some tweaks, bug fixes, and fresher Ubuntu base system.  It is an excellent distro to support any manner of amateur radio or SWL / scannist activities.  

Description:

This version contains a lot of amateur radio software including Fldigi, NBEMS, Gpredict, earthtrack, xcwcp and qrq, XLog and cqrlog, flrig and grig, xnec2c, fl_moxgen, aa-analyzer, owx, VOACAP, glfer, Xastir, gqrx, gEDA, GNU Radio Companion, quisk, direwolf, linamc, FreeDV, wsjt-x, Micro-Fox 15 Config, and a TinyTrak3 configuration program.

Version 15 is updated to match Ubuntu 13.10, including a new Smith Chart program and ASDB. Version 15.1 fixes minor bugs and adds customization for login and install.

This software collection uses the icewm window manager with menus customized for Amateur Radio use. It is designed to be light weight to run on older computers, while still having modern functionality.

Recommended: 1GHz CPU and 1GB memory at an absolute bare minimum (SDR applications will require more - about twice as much).

Features:

- Live DVD which can be installed to the hard drive or USB thumb drive
   - Icewm window manager
   - Contains a large number of amateur radio programs
   - Amateur Radio menu customized for ease of use
   - Nothing proprietary (as far as I know)
   - Almost everything came directly from the Ubuntu repositories
   - Software defined radio receiver with RTL2832 USB dongle (originally intended for DVB-TV)
   - PengPod 1000 image is to be written directly to your microSD card
   - Micro-Fox Config GPL
   - GNU Radio Companion
   - FreeDV

Uploader Comments:

Just having GNU Radio installed and working "out of the box" is reason enough to give this distro a try.  I've been using GQRX with my RTL-SDR dongle, and it runs great on my rather modest laptop.  It was especially nice to boot this version and find better networking and wireless support, thanks to the newer kernel.

Enjoy This,
Phil, AB9IL