• Welcome to Linuxtracker Forums.

[New Torrent] Yabuntu - Yet Antoher Buntu

Started by allredb, June 30, 2011, 10:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allredb

Yabuntu = Yet Another Buntu

This is a customized version of ubuntu 10.10. This was made after getting sick of complaints about 11.04 from people on-line and in real life. 10.10 is a very stable release which works on most computers so I whipped this up with a few tweaks and updated packages.

I made this with the complete newbie in mind, it has web links to the most common sites that new user would use plus some games that you wouldn't normally find in a Linux distribution. It is made to be familiar to windows users while not completely mimicking windows. There are various other tweaks applied to the system for speed and looks.

This has no warrantly, it is not meant to be an acualy release of ubuntu, it will probably never be updated with anything other than what ubuntu provides,  this is just a customized distro that I whipped up to give to family and friends. I have not exensively tested this as I use 11.04 on my main machine, so there could be bugs. It is pretty much staight ubuntu with parts of elemenary os included.

If you like what I have done or have sudgestions you can shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]