• Welcome to Linuxtracker Forums.

[New Torrent] crunchbang-10-20110207-openbox-i686

Started by friTTe, April 10, 2011, 07:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

friTTe

Unless you have been living under a rock, you will almost certainly be aware that Debian 6 "Squeeze" was released over the weekend of the 5th & 6th of February '11. This is great news for Debian and great news for CrunchBang.

CrunchBang 10 "Statler" has been in development since early last year. The first alpha release came out in March '10 and several development builds have followed whilst Debian Squeeze remained in testing. Now that Squeeze has migrated from testing to stable, CrunchBang Statler will also adopt the stable moniker.

The new CrunchBang 10 "Statler" r20110207 images were built on Monday 7th February 2011 using the stable Debian Squeeze and CrunchBang Statler repositories. Changes from the previous builds have been kept to a minimum. The changes that have been made include:

Chromium Browser (ver.9) replaces Google Chrome stable.
Debian Installer (gui & text) replaces the previous Live Installer.
Other minor changes and bug fixes.
A huge thank you is owed to everyone who has helped with the testing and development of Statler. The continued feedback from Statler users has been amazing and has really helped to make Statler the best CrunchBang release to date. Thank you. :)

NOTES:

Existing Statler users should not need to perform a reinstall, instead a simple 'sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade' should suffice.
If im not here just drop me an email and i will get back :)