• Welcome to Linuxtracker Forums.

[New Torrent] Community-TDE-PClinuxOS-16.06.18.ova

Started by DeBaas, June 17, 2018, 06:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeBaas

VirtualBox Image: Community-TDE-PClinuxOS-16.06.18.ova  
« on: 17 juni 2018 » by community member Old-present_arms  

I'm happy to announce the new arrival of the Trinity ISO for real machines and an OVA for those that want to slap it in to a VB session.  
https://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php/topic,146241.msg1248767.html#msg1248767  

So what did I do this time, well, fixed the Files issue, made the theme flow from boot to desktop, new launcher menu and some additions to the OS, we have now Kdenlive for those budding video editors, we have darktable for the photography, full Libre Office is there also for those that need to do office type work. Gimp is preinstalled with all the plugins i could muster, The kernel is the latest (at time of writing and if I've released an ISO be sure to be a newer one soon lol) at 4.16.14, the terminal now has neofetch for a little info when you launch. on the audio side yes I installed Pulse Audio, and it seems to be working fine those that hate/don't need you can remove it in the usual PCLinuxOS way of course, I got rid of the phantom grub entries that plagued the last couple of installs also. The OVA is litterally a fresh install of the ISO on a 15Gig virtual drive, 1 cpu and 256Meg of ram, of course after importing you can change these settings to what suits your particular taste, i've tested it as low as 96MB and as much as 5 gig of ram with 2 logical cores and all went swimmingly.  

I hope you enjoy this release and as always you can leave comments, fais etc in the comments below  

http://trinity.mypclinuxos.com/isos/community-TDE-PCLinuxOS-16.06.18.iso at 2.1Gb is the place for the ISO and  
http://trinity.mypclinuxos.com/VirtualBox_Images/Community-TDE-PClinuxOS-16.06.18.ova at 2.9GB for the Virtual Box and VMWare image. note I made an errata for the VMware install and how to install http://trinity.mypclinuxos.com/vminstructions.php there.  

Have fun  

Alie  

Instructions for Installing in a Virtual machine  

If you don't have Virtual Box installed, you can download it through your package manager or if you are reading this from a Windows machine, yopu can download it from the Oracle web site  

Once installed open up Virtualbox and once loaded go to File>>Import Appliance... and go to where you downloaded the OVA file and click next and follow the instructions, once the OS is installed you will see on the left the Trinity Linux OS, simply click start or double click the Trinity entry and Trinity on PClinuxOS will boot.  

The instructions for installing on VMWare Player are similar to those found on Virtual Box  

Open VMware Player and go to file >> open and choose the OVA file, follow any   instructions, once installed click the Trinity PclinuxOS icon and click Start  

**NOTE FOR VMWARE PLAYER**  

You may see a couple of messages, one is that there is an attached image that can't be got, click the don't attach again.  

Also, when booting you might see X server crash with 2 messages, just click OK to these 2 and the OS will run as intended  

It is recommended that you boot this virtual machine twice, let it boot to the desktop then reboot, this will allow any drivers etc to load properly  

Additional programs are available from our Synaptic Software Manager after installation to your computer. In additon to the full TDE version there is also a MiniMe version with just the desktop and void of extra applications for those advanced users who wish to trick out their desktop with only the applications they want to install and use.  

Trinity Hardware requirements  

Processor  
        Modern Intel or AMD processor. 64bit releases require a 64bit processor.  

Memory & storage  
        RAM : 1 GB, or more (recommended 4 GB+).  
        Hard disk : 10 GB or more recommended if you plan to install additional software from our repository.  

Video card  
        nVidia, ATI HD 4000 or better, Intel  
        3D desktop support requires a 3D instructions set compatible card.  

Sound card  
        Any Sound Blaster, AC97 or HDA compatible card.  

Other  
        CD/DVD drive required for burned liveCD/DVD image, or USB flash drive larger than 4 GB for liveUSB image conversion.  

Disclaimer (CYA): THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY BILL REYNOLDS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE , EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.