• Welcome to Linuxtracker Forums.
Main Menu

[New Torrent] lupu5286

Started by mary, December 17, 2013, 08:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mary

QuoteI have uploaded 2 new versions of Super Lupu, using my own hybridization technique derived from peebee's method described in the thread about "switching kernels". At some point I will post how I did it, in that thread.  

Yesterday, I re-uploaded lupu and lupu3hd (20131215)...

I am most excited that I am able to build lupu on the kernel from precise 5.7.1-retro! It is lupusuper2. I have not "wrung it out", but it does boot to the desktop like any other lupu. Please consider it as "experimental" at least until a few people have tried it. My goal is to provide a lupu version that supports some of the newer functions, such as xz compression and maybe UDF, as well as analog modems. But I will need assistance from those more knowledgeable in the new functions, to identify areas of incompatibility and work through them, if possible. If there are no showstoppers, that version could become a primary upgraded version....

In addition to these sulus, readky and I have been developing the hybridization technique on lupus using kernels 3.5.2 and 3.9.9. I plan to add them soon, as lupusupers 3 and 4, but may wait until I have more info on the graphic driver situation. I envision providing a list of the sulus with recommendations for choosing a particular one. As I see it, I assume later kernels imply more risk of incompatibility is some areas; one should choose the oldest 3.x kernel that suffices.

Thanks to those of you who can test these sulus and help me resolve any problems with them.
 Richard

more here:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=744327#744327

This Directory torrent contain vast amounts of lupu stuff both new and old, select CAREFULLY what you want to try.