• Welcome to Linuxtracker Forums.

[New Torrent] QemuSaver-GamesKnoppix2

Started by chris, January 28, 2020, 04:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris

A pair of Linux distributions which install and run as screensavers for Microsoft Windows. Install QemuSaver first (if you have not got it already), then QemuSaver-GamesKnoppix2 . QemuSaver-GamesKnoppix2 is the packages from the old GamesKnoppix 3.7-0.1 iso, updated for Debian 10, and without those packages which aren't currently in Debian main non-free or contrib repositories.
QemuSaver-GamesKnoppix2 is very slow to start (about 15 minutes) but it does eventually get to a graphical desktop. The automatic login did not work for me so I had to log in manually (user/live). If it starts its screen locker, you can unlock it with user='user' and password='live'.

This is version 1.2 of QemuSaver-GamesKnoppix2 . I have added a clone of the github repository where I maintain the screensaver tooling in directory 'screensavers'. Anyone who wants to collaborate with me on generating more or better screensavers should start by going to that directory; if you are interested in collaborating then I can add you to the access list for 'git push', or you can fork the repository and go your own way. The reposotory is hosted at https://github.com/tjcw/screensavers .

Share and enjoy !