• Welcome to Linuxtracker Forums.

[New torrent] antiX 16-b1 i386 full

Started by lliseil, April 13, 2016, 01:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lliseil

Hi,

It's nice to see the Distrowatch and seedboxes improvments :)
Note I'm Kozaki, member from LT's prehistoric ages (2006 I think), recreated under new nick lliseil after I failed to recover my initial account (asked mcangelli then lt's email got lost or something).

Informing you upon new torrent I uploaded for antiX v16 Beta1. This is a fast  distro. Uses only 70 MB RAM upon boot, and 237 MB with Iceweasel (on heavy airbnb website), Libreoffice, Gparted and Geany opened (check the screenshots when upload appears)!

12 April 1016: antiX-16-b1-full available - is Beta for testing, i386 for 32 bit processors. Note: so file fit on a cd/small USB stick.

Note from the uploader: After installing it on an eleven years old AMD 3000 with 1 GB RAM, me, my colleagues and our neighbooring old Mama it belongs to attest antiX is one of the best Operating system to keep using older machines at an excellent speed. Tip: make sure you activate antiX system Adblocker from systems panel.

antiX-16-b1 brings quite a few changes.

- Installer should be prettier to look at without losing its functionality. This is a work in progress.
- Many goodies when running antiX live, e.g. Save information on the LiveUSB even if home or root persistence are not enabled.
- Kernel 4.4.2

Saved information includes:

1) LiveUSB-Storage Feature
2) SaveState Feature
3) BIOS Bootloader "F8 Save" -- save
4) UEFI Bootloader "Customize (with text menus)"
5) Sticky boot options

- LiveUSB-Storage Feature

LiveUSB-Storage directories are created for the root user and the demo users. This gives you easy, direct access to store files on the LiveUSB without having to enable persistence. The only size limitation is the size of the LiveUSB partition You can disable this with the "nostore" cheat.

(...)

- Full description here: http://antix.mepis.org/index.phptitle=MainPageNews
- iso checksum and .SIGnature here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/antix-linux/files/Testing/antiX-16/

Cheers!
Kozaki