• Welcome to Linuxtracker Forums.

[New Torrent] PCLinuxos64-Trinity-Big-Daddy-2015.04

Started by DeBaas, April 13, 2015, 02:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeBaas

Trinity Big Daddy and MiniMe are now in Full version - both 32- and 64-bit!

http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php/topic,131668.msg1117332.html#msg1117332

Release date: April 12, 2015
Trinity "Big Daddy" 64bit (PCLinuxos64-Trinity-Big-Daddy-2015.04.iso)
Size: 1.2 GB
md5sum: 5c13c2ca48f27d345edf0f3d441b47b5
Release date: April 12, 2015
Produced by: present_arms
User Level: Intermediate

Info: The Trinity Desktop: a popular, multi-platform desktop environment for your computer and a great Windows OS replacement. TDE's focus is ease of use, stability, and first-class internationalization and accessibility support. TDE is Free and Open Source Software and provides all of the common tools computer users expect of a modern computing environment, such as e-mail, web browsing, file management, multimedia, and games.

PLEASE NOTE Trinity is an experimental Desktop Enviroment and still in heavily development. Although special care has been taken to ensure everything is stable and slick, there maybe still some unexpected errors. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Big Daddy Features Comparing with Big Daddy Final, Added appliactions listed below, Fixed lx-restore-mbr so now it displays manu.lst in kwrite instead of bypassing that section, took out rest of KDE that I could find (maybe some bits in there for compatabilty reasons) UPDATED as to 04-12-15

Highlighted Applications: Common Features on 32 and 64 bit Big Daddy include Icon Browser lomanager calibre manager vboxmanager Playonlinux steam Amarok Kmplayer tdemid tderadio kaffiene

present_arms

Additional Packages Availiable

Additional programs are available from our Synaptic Software Manager after installation to your computer. In additon to the full TDE version there is also a MiniMe version with just the desktop and void of extra applications for those advanced users who wish to trick out their desktop with only the applications they want to install and use.

Trinity Hardware requirements

Processor
        Modern Intel or AMD processor. 64bit releases require a 64bit processor.

Memory & storage
        RAM : 1 GB, or more (recommended 4 GB+).
        Hard disk : 10 GB or more recommended if you plan to install additional software from our repository.

Video card
        nVidia, ATI HD 4000 or better, Intel
        3D desktop support requires a 3D instructions set compatible card.

Sound card
        Any Sound Blaster, AC97 or HDA compatible card.

Other
        CD/DVD drive required for burned liveCD/DVD image, or USB flash drive larger than 4 GB for liveUSB image conversion.

Download

Disclaimer (CYA): THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY BILL REYNOLDS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE , EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

jamvaru

hi, i'm downloading this to try, because i like the name and the look and it is based on pclinuxos, whos full monty i was about to install instead till i saw this in the 'similar torrents' section below it; so, giving it a try; i'm hoping it is something i can stick with
Could you add an 'about' section to your website for us novices who need to be spoon fed all the details and arm-twisted to commit?  tyvm
so, the official discussion forum for the distro is the pclinuxos thread/forum?

jamvaru

well, hmm...
the live didn't work, but the vesa did, took me to an install routine; i didn't like the parts where it just showed a blank white square, but it finished, rebooted, worked good, looked good
when i tried to configure the video card and rebooted it froze up, had to reset; probably due to my graphics configuration
. amd apu a8 with addl. 6670 card; i had enabled xinerama extension as well as 1080p, so it may have worked without the xinerama, idk, i'm going with the full monty right now
i will be happy to try it again next time you have a major release, ty

jamvaru

well, turns out the onboard graphics unit of the APU finally started crapping out; the display on warframe started going blank on me, and i couldn't even run the live version of 'full monty' pclinuxos; so, not your problem; happy to say, i have a 6670 as well, so back in business, though at about a 2/3 performance of the 'duallink', for those who care about that sort of think, lol
... can i install trinity as an option in the pclinuxos full monty?
ty

DeBaas