• Welcome to Linuxtracker Forums.

Why is "active" torrent not in index listing?

Started by LVZ, August 28, 2013, 09:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LVZ

Re: USB Multiboot METEOR V2 4GB Linux Android Gooplusplus 2013

http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=4cab9ce4719c6e133c153b1e3fc59f28866fd7ec

This torrent was posted yesterday afternoon. Two other torrents posted later show up in the LinuxTracker index but not mine. What's going on?

mcangeli

This torrent was marked bad for some reason by a moderator or admin. Please check your Private messages (there should be a reason in there.

Thanks,

Mark

LVZ

I checked my private messages.

There is one from you. But this is what I get :

"Sorry, you can't read your personal messages."

This seems to be a LinuxTracker Catch22.

Since this PM was supposed to be from you, why is the torrent BAD ?

mcangeli

Please try the Private Messages again. There was a problem with the site that had set ~1481 accounts to validating in the forums (which prevented those members from reading their pm's). I've corrected the issue.

The one from me about the torrent moderation (if it was sent today) is about the torrent being approved.

I didn't include a reason in my earlier post as I do not know why your torrent was marked bad (I did not moderate it).

LVZ

One problem solved (PMs fixed - thanks) but the main one is still puzzling.

I did not get a PM explaining why my torrent was marked BAD.

It still does not show up in the LinuxTracker index.

mcangeli

This is the second time I've changed this torrent from BAD to OK.  :o

If it happens again, I'll check the code to see if something is "auto" moderating it, however there shouldn't be anything going through and marking it bad automatically.

Non "uploader" members (regular members) who upload have their torrents set as unmoderated. Not bad. so this is confusing.

ruedii

Other torrents from that multiboot CD distro have been marked bad for containing WinPE bootcds.  This one does not.  The filter must have false alarmed.

While usually torrents get moderated within 8 hours occasionally they can take as much as 24-48 hours.

LVZ

Quote from: mcangeli on August 28, 2013, 02:22:16 PM
This is the second time I've changed this torrent from BAD to OK.  :o

It may have been related to editing the torrent text once after it was initially approved.

I moved my distros image lower in the text description markup so that the index summary did not start with some messy (and long) Google image URL.

Have you considered stripping out bbcode by editing your script that auto-generates torrent index description summaries? I tend to use bbcode color, bold, links, and images in my full torrent descriptions.

ruedii

Yeah, when the bad torrent auto-detect filter glitches, it seems to re-trigger each time the original up-loader re-uploads the image.

This also brings up an issue that the mod torrent panel number count on the main page isn't counting "bad" torrents.  This is why it took so long for the moderators to notice the torrent.  (Normally we usually get things done in 4-8 hours, even though it can take up to 48 hours if timed when our staff is busy with other things.)

It's not exactly a high priority thing to fix, but maybe McAngeli should look into it the next time we modify our software.

I know of two potential fixes, if McAngeli wants to modify the server code to implement them.