• Welcome to Linuxtracker Forums.

[New Torrent] LXLE 12.04 (32bit)

Started by awillson, February 04, 2014, 07:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awillson

Why Was It Created?
Change is good but changing everything isn't always great. Same is true for aging computers and their operating systems. Support is sometimes lost too quickly with a 6 month core release cycle. Graphics & Audio cards and chipsets get dropped along with other miscellaneous functions with programs or drivers that just go missing. We all like having updated software we certainly don't like down time or loss of features and capabilities.
-----------------------------------------------------
This meant as a replacement for

http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=2934ebfdcfb0ad033d2a874922bdb6db8dcb53ee#expand

I believe most aging hardware just needs the right system on it, and lets face it, it helps keep a couple bucks in your pocket if you can squeeze a few more years out of your current system; without sacrificing, performance, capability, usability and of course aesthetics.

I decided to take a LTS version of Lubuntu, although not official it was close enough. A nice stable seasoned release from which to build from. I loaded it up with some heavy weight programs to ensure covering all the bases while providing ease of use. I added and updated the software repositories, and updated all the major programs such as LibreOffice, Gimp, Openshot.

Finally I made sure it was beautiful, complete with a new theme coupled by georgous wallpapers and drop shadows provided by Compton. I also included a couple unique features like Random Wallpaper, Fast Forecast, Aero Snap and the Conky system monitor layout. I then decided to create both a 32bit & 64bit version of LXLE. They are identical with a small exception. The 32bit version has compton (shadows) disabled by default, it is easily renabled if desired.

The REAL SHORT OF IT is, this is a glorified remastered version of Lubuntu 12.04, with plans of incremental updates until the next LTS release. Any help or support can be achieved through existing (L)Ubuntu Forums, Websites, Channels, Documentation and I'll help by email if I can.

http://www.lxle.net